The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) has rebranded and is now known as The Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV).
OZEV/OLEV has two schemes available that contribute towards the cost of an electric vehicle charger installation.
- The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) helps towards the cost of installation in your home.
- The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) help with installation costs in the workplace
The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS)
How do I claim the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme Grant?
The customer must use an approved OZEV/OLEV installer for the installation of the EV charger. The installer will claim the grant on behalf of the customer.
How do I find an approved OLEV EVHS installer?
A list of approved OZEV/OLEV installers can be found on the Government’s website here.
How much can I claim off my EVHS charger Installation?
Customers can claim up to 75% of the cost of installation, capped at £350. Most installations will be eligible for the full amount.
Am I eligible for the EVHS Grant?
To be eligible for the grant certain criteria will need to be met.
- The property where the charger is to be installed must have off-street parking, i.e a driveway . If there is separate parking away from the building title deeds will need to be shown as evidence that the parking space belongs soley to the property.
- The property must be a residential property and owned or let by the customer. If this is unclear further documents such as utility bills may be required as evidence.
- The customer must own, lease or have use of an electric vehicle for a period of six months or more.
- The electric vehicle must be on the EVHS list of eligible vehicles at the time of installation. All catergories of plug-in vehicles are eligible, and vehicles do not have to be brand new. The list of approved vehicles can be found here.
- The EV charger must be on the EVHS list of approved charge points. A list of approved EVHS charge points is available here.
- Installations to be completed by approved EVHS installers only.
Customers can supply there own EV charger and equipment but it must be an EVHS approved model, although, they will only be able to claim towards the cost of installation and not any supplied equipment.
How many EV chargers can i claim for with the EVHS grant?
A maximum of two EV chargers can be claimed for per property, but two eligible vehicles will be needed to make the claim. The chargers can be installed at different times as long as there is proof of two eligible vehicles at the address.
How much longer will the EVHS grant be available for?
On the 9th September 2021 it was announced that the current scheme is to be reformed from 1st April 2022.
The new scheme will target the rental and leasehold sectors.
People who own or mortgage their own home will no longer be able to claim the Homecharge Scheme Grant.
All installations at private properties will need to be completed by 31st March. Any installations after this date will not be eligible for the grant.
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS)
How do I claim the Workplace Charging Scheme Grant?
How much can I claim off my WCS charger installation?
How many chargers can be claimed for via WCS?
How long do the WCS vouchers last?
Do I need an eligible vehicle to claim the WCS grant voucher?
How does the WCS application process work?
- Applicant completes application via online portal
- Email voucher generated
- Installer completes installation
- Installer submits voucher via online portal
- Grant level amount is confirmed – up to £350 per charge point
- Installer receives grant
How long does it take to receive the WCS voucher?
Once the application process has been completed and is deemed successful a voucher will be sent within 5 working days
What information is needed for the WCS online application?
- Contact details
- Evidence of eligibility
- Details of sites where the installations are to take place
- Declaration of current need for EV charging or intent to encourage uptake of eligible EVs
- Conditions for use of the chargepoint
- Declaration of state aid received under de minimis
For further information or questions regarding the Workplace Charging Scheme please contact the scheme administrators (DVLA) using the contact details below:
Tel: 0300 083 0082
£50 FREE CREDIT!!
Receive £50 off your energy bill when you switch to Octopus Energy using our affiliate link!
Special rates for EV drivers with the Octopus Go tariff